Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mocha After Eight

This is probably one of the most delicious coffees I've ever tasted. It's like a peppermint patty in a cup, only better. And this is coming from someone who isn't particularly crazy about the chocolate-mint combination. From Sherri Jones' book "Coffee Cafe."

1 oz of fresh espresso (I just us strong coffee)
1 oz of mint syrup
1 tbsp chocolate powder
1 cup steamed milk
Fresh mint leaf

Blend coffee, syrup, and chocolate powder in preheated cups. Add the steamed milk. Garnish with chocolate powder and a fresh mint leaf.
~
You can easily make your own mint syrup (I did) by adding about a cup or more of mint leaves to a simmering simple syrup, which is made by simmering equal amounts of sugar and water. Or you can add the mint after taking the syrup from the heat, it doesn't matter. And of course you'll have to strain it.
I increased the amount of coffee that I used in mine, because 1 oz just isn't enough. Besides, I think equal parts syrup and coffee would just be too sweet.

"No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee's frothy goodness."

~Sheik Abd-al-Kadir

No comments:

Post a Comment