Friday, March 13, 2009

Rainy Day







In light of the fact that it is a rainy, cold, miserable day--and will probably be rainy, cold and miserable at the Battle of Guilford Courthouse, a reenactment we'll be doing tomorrow--I'm posting a nice cheery picture of Lake Lure from the summer. I miss it!
Lake Lure is another favorite place...this is where they filmed The Last of the Mohicans, Dirty Dancing, and Nell.
As you can see, I'm desperately reaching out for any reminders that "summer" actually exists.
I do have a little consolation: it's still constantly -0 in Minnesota right now, the home state of some friends of ours. So I suppose I should be thankful for a drizzlyt 49 degrees...or whatever it is. It feels like 30.


Of course, you can't let the cold weather color your memory too much. There were always the spoil sports...



;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment